The recently concluded 2014 Maryland legislative session resulted in the passage of some important amendments to the Maryland Wage and Hour Law. One such amendment is a long overdue increase in minimum wage.
At present, Maryland’s minimum wage rate is identical to the federal minimum wage, which is $7.25 per hour. However, Maryland’s minimum wage will gradually increase as follows:
- As of January 1, 2015, $8.00/hour;
- As of July 1, 2014, $8.25/hour;
- As of July 1, 2016, $8.75/hour;
- As of July 1, 2017, $9.25/hour; and
- As of July 1, 2018, $10.10/hour.
Stay tuned for further updates as they become available.